Thursday, May 9, 2019

Choosing my Name

In all of the assessments I have taken over the years (personality, motivational, spiritual gifts), I score very high in the area of service. I'm a helper, and my initial response to a request for assistance is to do it right away. That doesn't necessarily work well when I am already hip-high in other projects, but that is what my heart wants to do.

I'm a "doer" who aspires to learning how to find my rest in "being." These are some of the opportunities to do for others that are presented to me every day:

"Can you send me a copy of the latest bulletin?"

"I'm going to need a newsletter sent out this week."

"We are doing a special worship service on Friday and will need an extra Power Point presentation created."

"I need your help designing a workbook for a class we're teaching next month."

"Can you get that quarterly report ready for my board meeting tomorrow night?"

When choosing a name for this blog I tried over 25 blogspot addresses and found only a couple that were still available. There are a LOT of people out there with blogs about a LOT of different topics. When I visited the sites of several of my earlier choices I discovered that they had been inactive for years. But nonetheless, the names were taken. So when this address was available I was pretty encouraged. Right away I was excited about Write Away

And I hope you will be, too. I want to start writing right away. I want to encourage you in your walk with the Lord (or toward the Lord if you feel you don't know Him very well yet). But this doesn't feel like a "to-do" thing to me. It feels more like an "I want to move closer to Him as I begin to Write Away" kind of a thing. 


Photo by Plush Design Studio on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. Love this new project! Keep at it... can't wait to see all you do.

    ReplyDelete