Saturday, May 11, 2019

Cat-astrophe!

Sometimes everything just seems to go wrong - all at once. The dishwasher breaks, you lose your house key, your car runs out of gas on the freeway, your best friend blows up at you over a silly argument, your dog gets sick all over the family room, someone in your family is diagnosed with cancer...

Life is challenging even on fairly normal days. But when the bumps in the road feel like you are driving across a piece of corrugated steel, what's a person to do?

Isaiah 41:10 reminds us of 5 really helpful things about God:

1. Fear not - I AM WITH YOU. (You are not alone in this difficulty.)
2. Don't be dismayed - I AM YOUR GOD. (I am bigger than your problems.)
3. I WILL STRENGTHEN YOU. (Draw on my reserves for the stamina you need.)
4. I WILL HELP YOU. (I am not going to leave you to struggle with this burden on your own.)
5. I WILL UPHOLD YOU with my righteous right hand. (I will carry you and support you when you feel you cannot continue any longer.)

God is not surprised at any of the circumstances by which we find ourselves surrounded. He is always close at hand to protect and to direct us through the maze of each difficulty we may face.




Image by Gidon Pico from Pixabay



2 comments:

  1. Corrugated steel. Yep, had that feeling before. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete